Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) serves more than 250 mentoring programs and youth development organizations statewide supporting 33,000 youth. The support of caring individuals is essential to help us fuel the movement across the Commonwealth and, in effect, strengthen our communities through empowering youth-adult relationships. There are a number of ways that you can join us to support this movement.
- Become a mentor: We encourage you to make a difference in a child's life - as well as your own! There are more than 3,000 youth across Massachusetts waiting to be matched with caring, adult mentors, and with more than 250 quality organizations in our network, you are sure to find a program that meets your needs and interests.
- Join an event committee: Engaging in our fundraising efforts supports our mission of fueling the mentoring movement across Massachusetts. We participate in several events each year, including Champions of Mentoring, our signature fundraising event with the Red Sox, and are always looking for committee members to provide fresh ideas and energy. Join us today!
- Host a networking or fundraising event: Do you like to bring people together? Maybe you’re looking for ways that your friends or colleagues can get involved in the community. Hosting a networking or fundraising event for MMP could be a great way to introduce your circle to other community-minded individuals while enjoying a fun time and supporting a worthy cause.
- Ride the Rodman Ride: The Rodman Ride for Kids is a non-competitive 25, 50, or 100-mile bike ride through southeast Massachusetts held annually at the end of September. As a rider, you pledge to raise $1,500 for Team MMP. Get your company to sponsor you, put it on Facebook, host a fundraiser, or ask family members to support your efforts. No experience is necessary! MMP supports all of our riders with information and tools for publicity and fundraising, plus opportunities for fun training rides with fellow MMP riders. If you have friends, coworkers and family members who you think would like to join you then talk to us about team opportunities!
- Donate:Contributions to MMP support our efforts to grow high-quality mentoring so that every child has a caring and supportive adult in their lives. We are a small staff with a streamlined operation and a high-leverage model of operation aimed at efficiency and effectiveness, and work to make every dollar count. Click here to make a secure contribution online or learn about other ways to donate.
- Facilitate new relationships: Do you like to bring people together? Introducing us to peers in your circle enables us to spread the word about the value of empowering youth-adult relationships in our communities.
For more information or to get involved, contact Director of Development and Partnerships Vanessa Plant at vplant [at] massmentors [dot] org or 617.695.2432.