Are you prepared to respond to matters of safety involving youth in your program? Do you understand the basic risks in running youth programming?
Join us for a full-day training on Risk Management: Maximizing Participants Safety and Well-being. Relationships inherently involve risk. Your organization is tasked with supporting youth, volunteers, and staff to promote the safety and welfare of the young people and families you serve. This full day training explores strategies to manage risk including: updating and revising agency policies and procedures; preparing staff and volunteers to structure programming to mitigate risk; and exploring ways to respond to crisis. Participants will receive the MMP Risk Management Workbook to support their learning.
You’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Update program practices to manage risk and create a safe and supportive environment
- Better respond to crisis situations that impact safety and well-being of participants
- Explain and understand agency liability
This training is best for:
- Program staff interested in enhancing programming practices to support the safety and well being of participants
- Agency leadership interested in further managing risk at their organization