Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand and support empowering youth-adult relationships throughout Massachusetts. Our vision is that every young person has the opportunity to be involved in empowering youth-adult relationships to create more vibrant and resilient communities. MMP is working with established mentoring programs, youth serving organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, and academic institutions to strengthen the program and organizational practices that contribute to the resiliency of youth, families and communities. We currently work with over 300 programs supporting over 35,000 youth in sustained, consistent and supported relationships by assessing programmatic needs and organizational capacity and providing customized strategies that create stronger and more effective programs and youth-adult interactions.
MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are motivated to address diversity issues within our own work and constituencies with whom we work. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning and promotes staff development. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment. Our organization offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the non-profit sector.
MMP is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team as a part-time Resource Development Intern. Reporting to the Development Associate, the Resource Development Intern is responsible for maintaining the integrity of MMP’s CRM database systems to create accurate records for future stewardship, cultivation, and donation functions, ensuring MMP has the necessary information to build our resource capacity and further our mission. The Resource Development Internship provides additional learning and career development opportunities outlined in conjunction with the Development Associate and Director of Development.
This an unpaid position that is ideal for a current undergraduate student looking to fulfill course credit or gain valuable career experience related to development and non-profit management. Intern will work in MMP’s Boston office roughly 8-12 hours per week.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong experience with data management systems.
- Experience with donor-centered CRMs, like Raiser’s Edge or DonorPro, a plus.
- Resourceful and creative team player
- Demonstrated interest in the MMP’s mission.
- Experience with and interest in working with diverse people and efforts and eagerness to celebrate that diversity and that of the communities we serve
- Excellent people skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities with competence, grace, and humor.
Data Management and Integrity
- Research and gain comprehension of the DonorPro Software system to understand functions and best practices
- Perform routine data maintenance procedures, including de-duplicating, standardization of records, deletion of old records, and other necessary functions
- Create standard classification system for constituents, funds, and other records to ensure easy retrieval
- Cross reference DonorPro systems with Google Drive systems to ensure standardization
- Assist in management of donor administration activities, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials
- Assist MMP Development Team in implementing new systems and practices into daily use of DonorPro systems
Grants, Prospect Research, etc
- Identify and research individual, private and corporate foundation opportunities.
- Work with Development Associate to craft 1-2 grants during internship period
- Assist in planning and execution of MMP events as needed
- Help recruit and coordinate event volunteers
- Event-specific inventory management
- Help with the solicitation and collection of auction items
- Coordinate donor thank you letters
- Assist with the preparation of the organization's annual report
- Other duties as assigned
Please email the following items to email@example.com with subject line “Resource Development Intern.”
Please attach the following:
- Cover Letter (Attention: Kelsey Renner, Development Associate)