Information Collection and Use
We collect the following from individual Volunteers:
- First and Last Name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Address and Zip Code
- The type of opportunity you are interested in
We use the information we collect about you to help facilitate the volunteering process. Programs need this information to begin your application. Please be aware that, to the extent required to provide our services, we share your information with other Volunteers or nonprofit organization partners. If you indicate on our site that you are interested in a particular mentoring opportunity and provide us with your contact information, we will forward your contact information to the organization that is hosting that opportunity so that the organization can contact you regarding your potential involvement.
We collect the following from individual nonprofit organizations:
- Administrator Information: First and last name, email, telephone number, address, and zip code
- Organization Information: Title of organization, address, contact information (including phone, address, and email), EIN/tax identification number, mission statement, and description of services. Web site address, logo, URL, and directions to physical location optional
- Opportunity Information: Name and title of opportunity, date, time, type of opportunity, description of opportunity. Directions and required skills optional
MMP strongly encourages nonprofit organizations receiving e-mail addresses from potential volunteers to adopt privacy standards similar to those of MMP. You should be aware that each such organization has its own policies regarding collection and use of personal information. MMP is not responsible for their use of your personal information. Inappropriate use of personal information received from MMP may jeopardize nonprofit listing on MMP’s mentoring program database. MMP reserves the right to determine, in its discretion, what constitutes inappropriate use of this information. For more about a nonprofit organization's policy, please contact them directly using the contact information posted for that organization on our site. Information from the nonprofit organizations is used by MMP to consult with programs on ways to improve service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
MMP will not distribute, sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. MMP will send personally identifiable information about you to other organizations when:
- We have your consent to share the information (as in the Mentoring Opportunities database)
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process
- Or we find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services
We may share aggregate information about our users with certain third parties. This information shows user activity as a whole rather than on an individual basis and cannot be used to individually identify you. We use this information to help our partners and funders better understand our services and also to report on public interest in mentoring.
Linking to Third Party Sites
MMP is concerned about the privacy of young children and does not knowingly collect any personal information from any child under 13. Children under 13 may not register for or use any area of our web site that requires personally identifiable information. We suggest that you become involved with your child's access to the Internet and to our site to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected. To read more about online safety and how to become more involved with your child's online experience, visit some of these sites:
- SafeSurf's Internet Lifeguard Seven rules of online safety basics.
- i-SAFE Inc. Incorporates classroom curriculum with community outreach to empower students, teachers, parents, law enforcement, and concerned adults to make the Internet a safer place.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Information
You may request the information you submit to us be edited or deleted by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting us as indicated below.
How to Contact Us