Celebrate Empowering Youth-Adult Relationships during National Mentoring Month 2016!
From keeping students engaged in and successful at school, to helping them graduate, attend college and succeed in a work environment, we know the impact that empowering youth-adult relationships can have on young people.
National Mentoring Month marks its 15th year in 2016 and focuses national attention on the need for more caring adults, as well as how each of us — individuals, businesses, government agencies, schools, faith communities and nonprofits — can work together to help young people reach their full potential.
We've planned a comprehensive campaign to raise the awareness of mentoring and its impact in strengthening communities.
Join the conversation by using the official #NationalMentoringMonth hashtag.
MMP's planned events and activities for National Mentoring Month:
- Statewide public awareness campaign utilizing press releases, op-eds, and social media
- Regular communications with mentoring programs
- Looking to ensure your program operates with quality best practices? Join us for a free webinar on Thursday, January 14 to learn about the benefits of becoming a Partner program through our Quality-Based Membership program.
- Corporate Mentoring Summit, January 12: Our third annual Summit will be held this year at Ernst and Young in Boston. This year's theme is Strengthening Boston, One Relationship At a Time. Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh will speak about the Mayor's Mentoring Movement. There will also be a panel discussion about the My Brother's Keeper initiative and the work that's happening across the city in support. We will also recognize the newest awardees for our Corporate Mentoring Honor Roll.
- I Am a Mentor Day, January 14: Current mentors should share their stories on social media using the hashtag #SomeoneWhoMatters.
- Thank Your Mentor Day, January 21 (National): It's a great day to think about the mentors in our lives and all that they've done for us. Send them a thank you card or tell them thank you on social media.
- Mentoring Night at the Boston Celtics, January 15: More than 250 mentors and mentees will attend the Boston Celtics game and participate in special pre-game/in-game recognition opportunities.
- MLK Day of Service, January 18: Mass Mentoring Partnership will be serving with hundreds of other volunteers to take part in improvement projects at the Mather School in Dorchester.
- Youth Mentoring Day at the State House, January 21: MMP and the Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring will host the tenth annual Youth Mentoring Day at the State House. Governor Charlie Baker will attend and speak. The event celebrates The Mentoring Movement: The Road To Relationships by featuring four different stories and perspectives on mentoring and empowering youth-adult relationships.
- National Mentoring Summit in Washington, D.C., January 27-29: Several Mass Mentoring Partnership staff will be attending this meeting of mentoring stakeholders from around the country.