For the third year in a row, Mass Mentoring Partnership is honored to be an official charity partner of the B.A.A. Boston Marathon® on April 15. We want you to meet our amazing runners. Let’s go Team MMP!
Runner: Alana Ferrari
Longest run to date: Half-marathon
Favorite song to listen to while running: Christmas in Sarajevo by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Favorite post-run snack: Anything!
- What inspired you to run the 2013 Boston Marathon for MMP? My friend Sheree has been really inspiring. She has run the Marathon for MMP twice already. I decided that this year would be the year! I have been a teacher’s aide, and I know what a difference one-on-one attention can make for a child. When you run to raise money and awareness for a charity, when you finish it isn’t just about you.
- What has been the most rewarding experience of your training and/or fundraising so far? Knowing all that I'm able to do by running for Mass Mentoring Partnership. There are so many kids who need a positive influence in their life, and I am blessed to be able to do just a little bit in helping to reach out to them.
- What is your experience with mentoring? I have always wanted to be a Big Sister. I am proud to say that I have started training to be one! I have been a mentor in many capacities before, whether it was at school or currently mentoring younger employees at work. To be Big Sister to someone who REALLY needs it is amazing. I am SO excited!
- What do you think is the most important thing a mentor can do for a child? Listen and be there.
- What is the best piece of advice a mentor can give? Listen to your heart and always be kind to others.
- Complete this sentence: When I finish the Marathon, I will feel… AMAZING.
If you would like to read more about Alana or make a donation to her fundraising, please visit http://www.razoo.com/story/Alana-Ferrari