Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is thrilled to announce the kick-off to our 2013 season with the Rodman Ride for Kids, a noncompetitive 25, 50 or 100 mile bike ride through southeastern Massachusetts on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013. We want you to meet the awesome riders on Team MMP!
- Why did you choose to ride for Team MMP in the 2013 Rodman Ride for Kids? I had such a great time riding last year - and of course, supporting the kids!
- What has been the most rewarding experience of your training and/or fundraising so far? How excited and responsive our community is to help more youth be matched with quality mentors.
- Tell us about an important mentor you had/have in your life. My father. He's been there for every piece of advice I've ever needed, and still is today.
- Why did you become a mentor? I became a mentor this past year because I think every child deserves to have the same support I - and many people like me - have had growing up.
- What do you think is the most important thing a mentor can do for a child? Mentoring gives kids opportunities they may not have ever had presented to them. It develops them into outstanding adults and individuals. This promotes a generation of kids who want success and who want to give back to the community, too. It brings people together who want youth to succeed, and who want a strong community.