Guided by our recently updated strategic plan, Mass Mentoring Partnership is fueling the movement to support empowering youth-adult relationships throughout the State of Massachusetts. Our vision is that every young person has the opportunity to be involved in an empowering youth-adult relationship to create more vibrant and resilient communities. MMP is working with established mentoring programs, youth serving organizations, faith-based organizations, and academic institutions to strengthen the program and organizational practices that contribute to the resiliency of youth, families and communities. We currently work with over 250 programs supporting over 30,000 youth in sustained, consistent and supported relationships by assessing programmatic needs and organizational capacity and providing customized strategies that create stronger and more effective programs and youth-adult interactions. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment. Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning and promotes staff development. MMP is committed to working in a manner that celebrates and honors diversity. MMP offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the non-profit sector.
MMP is seeking a talented and dynamic professional to join our team as a Manager of Training and Technical Assistance as we implement new and innovative strategies to achieve our goals. MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are experienced in and motivated to promote positive youth development and address diversity issues within our own work and that of the programs with whom we work. This manager works as an integral part of the Program Services team to build the capacity of youth mentoring and other youth-serving programs across the state. Services include developing, conducting and facilitating trainings; providing technical assistance sessions to individuals and groups; and implementing special projects to promote empowering youth-adult relationships in diverse settings. The Manager of Training and Technical Assistance will also have primary responsibility for implementing Request for Proposal (RFP) processes, including providing programmatic support and implementation monitoring for MMP grantees. In collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Program Services, this position will work to continually expand and enhance the trainings and products to be relevant to the current environment and be culturally competent. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Program Services.
- Master degreed preferred – BS/BA with at least 5 years relevant experience
- Youth development or mentoring background;
- Proven experience in developing and providing training and technical assistance with adult learners, preferably in a youth-serving organization or an educational institution;
- Ability to work and connect with diverse communities, people and partners, and a commitment to promoting inclusion in all practices and efforts;
- Proven ability to manage projects, partnerships, and professional relationships;
- Ability to plan, organize and think strategically;
- Strong written and verbal communication and public presentation skills;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment with colleagues, program providers, community stakeholders, and volunteers;
- Experience using technology for knowledge sharing, including web based training a plus;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to programs across the state of Massachusetts for training and technical assistance;
- Some night and occasional weekends work.
General Training, Facilitation, and Technical Assistance
- Develop relationships with and support mentoring programs through our Quality Based Membership program (QBM);
- Develop strong relationships with youth serving agencies around the state;
- Develop and implement trainings on the theory and practice of youth development as it pertains to developing positive youth/adult relationships;
- Plan and deliver trainings and technical assistance on programmatic and organizational development topics;
- Develop new and revise current training curriculum so that all work is cultural competent and responsive to the needs of the field and our constituents
Training, Technical Assistance and Project Management for Grants
- Serve as project manager for the RFP processes and grantee selections paying close attention to awarding grants to a diverse group of programs. Support the programmatic and organizational implementation of selected project(s). Provide capacity building assistance to grantees;
- Build and maintain positive, professional relationships with grantees. Conduct and coordinate meaningful site visits;
- Support the needs assessment and training plan for the AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring Program (AOM), providing training and technical assistance and the topics that promotes cultural competency within the group and within their work;
- Monitor the grant dissemination calendar for progress toward milestones and on-time task completion;
- Identify additional projects or initiatives that will provide ongoing support for all funded programs to serve more youth in higher quality and more culturally competent mentoring relationships.
Reporting and Evaluation
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) database and other MMP reporting systems to track QBM membership status, membership renewal status, trainings, provision of technical assistance, participant attendance, participant evaluations, and other pertinent data;
- Report on grant and contract fulfillment.
- Promote the mission, goals, and strategic direction of MMP to the broader community and targeted audiences;
- Participate in meetings, organizational functions, and community events necessary to enhance and nurture relationships with the diversity of the State;
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance relevant knowledge and skill sets;
- Represent MMP on community alliances and coalitions to improve youth services as needed;
- Manage and/or participate in special projects as determined by supervisor.
MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are motivated to develop an inclusive and cultural responsive workplace and promote these values within the services and products we deliver to our constituents and other stakeholders. Bilingual and bicultural and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity (both in Word format) to Senior Manager of Program Services at email@example.com, subject line “Manager of Training and Technical Assistance”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Mass Mentoring Partnership provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.